Please note that each purchase of this product entitles the purchaser to one download and use. If you need multiple copies, please purchase the number of copies you need. For more information, see Copying Your Case Study.
U.S. Defense Taskforce is a fast-paced simulation that challenges participants to be decision-oriented and think creatively while negotiating in a group.
The case opens when the zombie apocalypse has begun. Participants are part of a small committee in the United States Department of State entrusted to select the four people who will lead the effort of the United States in preparing for, surviving, and defeating the zombies.
This case can be taught in one hour and is ideal for courses on negotiation.
• To gain experience in a multi-party negotiation.
• To explore how process impacts group decision-making in negotiation.
• To demonstrate the challenges of developing criteria against the backdrop of different kinds of information and participants’ differing or competing value systems.
• To explore the impact of alternatives to a negotiated agreement and deadlines on group decision making.
• To discuss challenges surrounding effective communication in a time-pressured, multi-party negotiation.
• To give participants an understanding of their default tendencies in negotiation.
Multi-party Negotiation, Communication, Group Decision Making
Geographic: United States
Event Year Begin: N/A
For hard copies, please contact the HLS Case Studies Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-617-500-1038. When ordering, please let us know how many copies of confidential materials that you will need.
To obtain accessible versions of our products for use by those with disabilities, please contact the HLS Case Studies Program at email@example.com or +1-617-500-1038.